February is American Heart Month, which means there is no better time to start focusing on heart healthy habits. Cardiovascular disease continues to be a growing concern for Americans, emphasizing the importance of taking matters into our own hands and taking preventative measures. When it comes to healthy living, you must make an effort. Simply incorporating these 5 everyday tips for a healthy heart can help promote the well-being of your pumping heart:
- You must pay attention to what you are consuming. A healthy diet is imperative for a healthy heart. Try to avoid these processed foods, sugar, sodas, and energy drinks and start indulging on fruits and veggies!
- Our bodies need a little fat, so indulge on healthy fats such as avocados, walnuts, olive oil, flaxseed, and wild salmon so that you can raise your good cholesterol levels. Eating these foods can help prevent overeating as it will curb your appetite.
- Did you know that Vitamin C has benefits beyond boosting your immune system? Indulging on whole fruits is amazing for your cardiovascular system and lowering blood pressure levels.
- Did you know that both garlic and onions have the ability to protect you against heart disease? These delicious ingredients can be added to nearly any dish or meal, making it simple to incorporate in your daily diet.
- Most importantly, take care of your body overall! This means exercising at least 150 minutes each week and getting your blood pumping. Your overall health is determined by your lifestyle habits.
Join us in recognizing February as American Heart Month! Serving Sacramento, Davis, and all of California, contact Purves & Associates Insurance Services for all of your insurance needs. We will go above and beyond to provide you with optimal protection in every corner of your life.