As we prepare to say goodbye to summer and hello to fall, it is important that we follow the necessary home maintenance tips to make for a smooth transition. Your home has needs too! As the temperatures begin to dwindle down, our homes require some extra attention. Gathered is a fall home maintenance checklist so that you can cover all the bases:
- Start by clearing your roof, gutters, and downspouts of debris. Debris accumulation can lead to a magnitude of problems. If your gutters and downspouts are filled with leaves, they will not be able to flush out water when it rains, causing a flood.
- After your air conditioner has worked extra hard to provide you with cool air all summer long, it becomes inherently more important that you give the filters in your home some tender love and care before fall arrives. You will also want to change the filters of your stove vents, the clothes dryer, and all room fans.
- If you have any leaky faucets or drains, you will want to fix them now before the weather begins to cool.
- If you will be using your fireplace during the winter, be sure to give it a good cleaning and conduct the necessary maintenance on it.
- It is important that you drain your water heater before fall’s arrival. If there is extreme rust accumulation or sediment build-up in your water heater, you may want to invest in a new, energy-efficient one.
- Check all of your windows and doors for drafts and seal with caulking if necessary. This will ensure that your heating is utilized during the winter.
Contact the insurance experts at Purves & Associates Insurance Agency for all of your Davis homeowners’ insurance needs. We can help provide your home with sufficient protection to get you through the winter!