As we welcome in another school year, it is important that we remind ourselves of the basic safety precautions to take. The roads inherently become more dangerous as parents are rushing to drop their children off for class. Gathered are some helpful tips to keep every member of your family safe, whether they are walking or driving:
- It is important that you remind your children the importance of looking both ways before crossing the street. They may have forgotten this vital habit during the summer. Explain to them that the same rule applies when they are crossing driveways.
- Likewise, explain to your child the importance of remaining a safe distance from the curb. You may want to put the safe distance zone into perspective for them and tell them to take five giant steps away from the street.
- Imagine driving a bus full of dozens of children. Having distractions left and right can cause a dangerous situation. Explain to your child the importance of being respectful to their bus driver so that the commute remains safe.
- As a driver, it is imperative that drive extra cautiously through school zones and areas where there are children present. If you are speeding in a school zone, you not only make a dangerous environment for children, but you also risk receiving a hefty speeding ticket.
- You may want to set your alarm for 10 minutes earlier so that you can make it to your destination safely, without getting stuck behind a school bus. School buses have frequent stops and it is illegal for you to pass a school bus when they are loading or unloading children.
Contact the insurance experts at Purves & Associates Insurance Agency for all of your insurance needs. Located in Davis, California, we can tend to your families insurance needs and provide them with guaranteed protection.