Directors & officers insurance in Sacramento can help you cover the board that guides your nonprofit.
Directors and officers are there to help make your life easier by guiding your nonprofit towards the right business decisions. Directors and officers make decisions to help your efforts grow and succeed, but sometimes what they suggest may lead to consequences they didn’t anticipate. Even though they’re working to help your nonprofit benefit others, board members can (and likely will) be held liable for their actions. That’s where directors & officers insurance in Sacramento comes in.
This coverage is one of the least understood insurance products. Board members make mistakes, along with every other human being in the world. Unfortunately, their mistakes may result in some very serious consequences. If they’re held liable, you’ll need D&O coverage to protect them.
What is covered with Directors & Officers insurance?
- Employment practices & HR issues
- Shareholder actions
- Reporting errors
- Inaccurate or inadequate disclosure (e.g. in company accounts)
- Misrepresentation in a prospectus
- Decisions exceeding the authority granted to a company officer
- Failure to comply with regulations or laws
What is not covered?
- Intentionally non-compliant acts
- Illegal remuneration or personal profit
- Property damage and bodily harm (except Corporate Manslaughter)
- Legal action taken before the policy began
- Claims made under a previous policy
- Claims covered by other insurance
To protect your nonprofit’s board from the risks associated with being a director and/or officer, you need quality directors & officers insurance in Sacramento. Contact the experts at Purves & Associates Insurance Services. Serving Sacramento, Davis, and surrounding Northern California areas, we will work with you to ensure you can get the right amount of coverage for your specific needs, all at the right price to fit your budget.