Flood & Earthquake

Get a Quote


Flood Insurance

Flood is NOT covered on your Homeowner’s Insurance policy! The best way to get this protection is by adding a separate Flood Insurance policy backed by the National Flood Insurance Program (NFIP). Flood insurance policies are financially underwritten by the Federal government and the policies are managed by insurance carriers. Rates are the same from one carrier to the next, but there are option for deductible and how much coverage you buy. If your lender requires you to have a flood policy the coverage begins the day the policy starts, otherwise there is a 30-day wait from the policy inception to when the coverage begins. In other words, don’t wait for the rain to start falling. Most areas are eligible for a Preferred Risk Policy for a cost around $500-600 per year. Contact us today for a quote!


Earthquake Insurance

Earthquake damage is NOT covered under your Homeowner’s Insurance policy! (sound familiar?) However, there are 2 ways to insure against this risk. First, you can buy a stand-alone Earthquake policy. Second, you can add the coverage to your homeowner’s policy (carriers are required to offer it to you every 2 years). Coverage for quakes have their own deductible and those deductibles can be large, from 10-30% of your total covered amount. And, to be transparent, quake coverage isn’t usually cheap. But don’t worry, you have options and we are here to help walk you through those options and help you decide if Earthquake coverage is the right move for you and your home.