This Mother’s Day do all the cooking for the one that raised you since you were just a mess of diapers.
This Mother’s Day surprise your mother with delicious strawberry crepes that you prepared yourself (not cheating!) Crepes originated in France and resemble pancakes in both appearance and ingredients except in one aspect: That being their thickness and their overall circumference. What they lack in depth, they make up for in surface area. Their flexibility allows for them to be folded like tacos with delicious fruits to be placed inside; that’s right, crepes are basically pancake tacos. (Just be sure not to say that around the French!) Here’s how you can cook creamy strawberry crepes for your mom this Mother’s Day (which falls on May 8th 2016).
- 3 eggs
- 3/4 cup all-purpose flour
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1 (8 ounce) package cream cheese, softened
- 1 cup heavy cream, whipped
- 4 cups sliced strawberries
- 3 tablespoons butter, melted
- 1 1/4 cups sifted confectioners’ sugar
- 1 tablespoon lemon juice
- 1 teaspoon lemon zest
- 1/2 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1/2 cup milk
- 1/2 cup water
- Place the eggs, milk, water, melted butter, flour, and salt in the pitcher of a blender; blend until smooth. Like you would pancakes.
- Blend the cream cheese, confectioners’ sugar, lemon juice, lemon zest, and vanilla with an electric mixer until smooth. Gently fold in the whipped cream.
- Heat a lightly oiled griddle or non-stick skillet over medium heat. Pour the batter onto the griddle, using approximately 2 tablespoons for each crepe. Rotate pan to spread batter as thinly as possible. Flip over when the batter is set and the edges are beginning to brown. Cook until the other side begins to brown. Stack finished crepes on a plate and cover.
- To serve, fill each crepe with 1/4 cup sliced strawberries and 1/3 cup of the cream cheese filling, roll up like a taco and top with a small dollop of the cream cheese filling and more sliced strawberries.
We at Purves & Associates Insurance Services hope you have the change to cook this delicious breakfast and share it with your mother! And don’t hesitate to contact us for all your insurance needs.