We all know texting and driving is dangerous, but did you know that it has become one of the leading causes of fatal accidents? Any distractions while driving prove to be dangerous, but teens seem to have an especially difficult time putting down their smartphones while behind the wheel. While you may think that your teen’s texting and driving habits are impossible to eliminate, you can be in control by simply downloading these smartphone applications:
- Textecution – For a one-time charge of $30, this smartphone application automatically disables texting features on your teen’s phone once the car hits a speed of 10 miles per hour. This will make it impossible for your child to text on the road without the administrator’s approval. As the administrator, you are even notified if your teen tries to delete the application.
- OneProtect – This application provides parents with even more control over their child’s texting and driving habits. For $7 a month or $77 a year, you can control your child’s texting and driving habits through your own smartphone. The teen is unable to turn the application off, you are in control of turning it off.
- AT&T DriveMode – This free application will send an automatic text message to any incoming messages, emails, and phone calls. The only problem with this application is that your teen has to enable to application themselves.
- Drive.Safe.ly – This application is $4 a month or $14 a year, and will read your teen’s text messages to them. This application allows your teen to continue their social life without partaking in fatal habits.
- SafeCell – For about $12, this application will not only disable text messages from your teen’s sight, but it will also send an automatic reply. This smartphone application is especially useful for teens who attend college out of state, because the application will automatically inform you of each territories hands-free cell phone usage laws.
Contact the insurance experts at Purves & Associates Insurance Agency for all of your Davis auto insurance needs. We can provide you with the confidence knowing your teen driver is safe on the roads.